Technical Papers Sneak Peek
This year, the Technical Papers program received a total of 505 completed submissions! After committee review, 127 of them have been conditionally accepted, accounting for a 25% acceptance rate. In addition, 46 papers, published in ACM Transactions on Graphics during the course of the last year, will be presented at SIGGRAPH 2014.
“As is SIGGRAPH tradition, the quality of this year’s Technical Papers content was superb,” said Adam Finkelstein, Technical Papers Chair from Princeton University. “Not only did we receive outstanding work in the traditional areas of modeling, rendering, animation, and imaging, but we also noticed two emerging fields in design/fabrication and learning.”
For a sneak peek of what's to come, see below!
Take Note: You definitely won't want to miss the paper presentations at SIGGRAPH 2014. Occurring from Monday through Thursday, 10-14 August, the 35 paper sessions will highlight 173 technical papers!
Book Your Vancouver Accommodations
SIGGRAPH 2014 has negotiated discount rates for hotels in Vancouver. These discounts are available to SIGGRAPH 2014 attendees only. Reservations made after 14 July are based on availability only and rates may increase.
- Official hotels have been inspected and carefully selected by SIGGRAPH. They’re SIGGRAPH-endorsed. They're cool, comfortable, and convenient.
- In the official hotels, you're closer to SIGGRAPH friends and colleagues. It's much easier to connect in real life over breakfast, lunch, coffee, drinks, or dinner.
- Most official hotels are within walking distance of the Vancouver Convention Centre or near quick, easy transportation links.
- You can discuss questions or concerns directly with the helpful people at SIGGRAPH 2014's offical hotel desk in the convention center.
- Booking terms are very reasonable when you use the official online reservation system: No change fees. No full prepayment.
- The official discounted rates are guaranteed until 14 July 2014.
- If you use other hotel-reservation systems, you have to live with their way-too-complicated terms and conditions. And if you have a reservation or room problem, SIGGRAPH 2014 can't help you negotiate with the hotel.
- Future hotel rates and registration fees will remain reasonable, because SIGGRAPH's negotiating position with host cities and hotel companies will be stronger.
- It's the right thing to do, for yourself, the SIGGRAPH community, and your favorite conference.
What To See & Do In Vancouver
Here's how to soak up the best of Vancouver this summer according to the Vancouver Convention Bureau:
- Get a tan on Vancouver's urban beaches: Unique for a city of its size, Vancouver has 10 ocean beaches, all boasting clear, clean water and white sand. Insider tip: For the consummate urban beach experience, head to English Bay, a stunning scallop of sand located right in the downtown core.
- All aboard for an Alaskan cruise: Summer is cruise season in Vancouver. More than a dozen major lines embark here, offering cruises through Canada's stunning Inside Passage, packed with whales and marine life, and onto the Alaskan glaciers.
- Explore the old growth forests of Stanley Park: Larger than Manhattan's Central Park, 1,000-acre Stanley Park is an easy stroll from downtown Vancouver. A network of biking and walking paths winds along ocean-side cliffs, past secluded beaches, and deep into old growth forests.
- Dine alfresco on the patios of Yaletown: The city's trendy warehouse district, Yaletown is lined with progressive restaurants and great outdoor patios. For some of Vancouver's best seafood, grab a table on the terrace of Blue Water Café and watch Yaletown's beautiful people stroll by.
- Shakespeare anyone? The perfect end to a day in Vancouver, Bard on the Beach is a summer-long Shakespeare festival staged in oceanfront Vanier Park. Admire a Vancouver sunset while internationally acclaimed troupes bring the bard's classics to life.
Mobile Pavilion: New This Year!The SIGGRAPH 2014 Mobile Pavilion is where the mobile, embedded, and low-power industries come together: the leading IP companies, top app developers, device manufacturers, and mobile-operating-system developers. With the unparalleled capabilities of modern mobile devices, this market is enjoying unprecedented growth and generating access to untapped revenues for organizations that are committed to this technology.
Birds of a FeatherInformal presentations, discussions, and demonstrations for people who share interests, goals, technologies, environments, or backgrounds. Birds of a Feather events are proposed by SIGGRAPH 2014 attendees. They must be free of charge, related to computer graphics or interactive techniques, and non-commercial in nature (topics specific to one commercial product or for-profit company are not allowed).
It's Time to Register!SIGGRAPH 2014 is returning to Vancouver this summer and we can't wait to see you there! Register now and meet us at the Vancouver Convention Centre 10-14 August for the Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques event of the year. Where else can you interact with the best and brightest in art, science, and technology?
See Below for SIGGRAPH 2014 Registration Categories:
Full Conference Access Pass*
Issue Sponsor: Cinefex